Sport Science Research: Effect of fatigue on running technique
We are investigating the complex control of stride rhythm when you run.
PROTOCOL INCLUDES A FREE VO2 MAX TEST
· Male long distance runners, 18-45 years, healthy, injury-free
· Runners who run at least 4 times per week (and have done so over the last 2 years)
· Participation in at least one interval session totaling at least 5000 m at 10 km race pace or faster (over last 3 months)
· 5 km: faster than 19:30… or 10km: faster than 40:00… or equivalent (last 3 months)
· Currently capable of the above performance
Session 1 (~60 min total): VO2 max test/peak speed test on treadmill
Session 2 (~90 min total): 5*2000 m at about 10 km race pace;
Session 3 (~90 min total): 5*2000m at an easy pace.
You will wear small instruments on your shoe to help us measure the timing of your strides.
Full results from your VO2 max test, peak running speed, max HR, etc.
UCT/MRC Research Unit for Exercise Science and Sports Medicine
Dept. of Human Biology, Faculty of Health Science, UCT
Sports Science Institute of South Africa
Boundary Rd, Newlands
Tim Lindsay via email: timothy.lindsay [_at _] uct.ac.za or phone: 076 863 5510
PLEASE APPLY BEFORE 31 May 2011